Happy April and welcome back to another edition of the My Favorite Things linkup where we list everything we liked in the past month.
I didn’t really have any new favourites for March so I thought I’d share my favourite playlists from Spotify. And inb4, yes I’m aware that Spotify could be better but adjasdasd so convenient. Throughout the years I’ve realized that I prefer playlists over albums, probably because I’m usually indecisive. They’re just easier, really.
Also before I forget to mention, I do have Spotify Premium so I apologize in advance if some of the playlists are inaccessible or have a lot of tracks that are inaccessible.
1. BEATS TO THINK TO BY SPOTIFY DEUTSCHLAND
I can’t work without music. I get so distracted and often I find myself doing all the other things besides what I was supposed to be doing. Unfortunately, I can’t work with just any music, it has to be unobtrusive and upbeat to keep that work rhythm going.
This playlist is my favourite for coding because it’s very unobtrusive and has enough energy in it to keep me going.
- Stay Sharp by Filtr – this is a recent addition to my playlist collection but it pairs well with Beats to Think To
- Women of EDM by Spotify – Spotify had a bunch of playlists for Women’s History Month 2016 and this is one of those specialized playlists. If it isn’t obvious by now, I like to work to electro/EDM/whatever, so I really appreciated this. 😀
2. FÊTE ÉLECTRO BY SPOTIFY CANADA
Sometimes I like to bust out the Francophone playlists when I’m working ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think it’s the fact that I can’t understand what they’re singing about and all that matters is the beat haha. This playlist has some English music in it which is cool too. This is my favourite of my Francophone working playlists.
- Musique du travaile by Spotify Canada. I believe that means something along the lines of work music? This one’s not electro at all but is nonetheless pretty nice to work to.
- Bonne hemeur by Spotify Canada. Googlle Translate tells me this means ‘good mood’ and it’s a pretty chill playlist to work to. I think I like doing design work with this
3. READY FOR THE DAY BY SPOTIFY
So I have most of the songs on this playlist saved for offline listening, which I thought probably meant that I really liked this playlist haha. I used to listen to this a lot when I worked at my old job because I had an epic one way 1 hour and 10 minute commute. When I’m not listening to electro/EDM/whatever I tend to listen to music that are on this playlist 🙂
- Mood Booster by Spotify – another playlist that I used to listen to on my commute to mix it up
- The Happy Hipster by Spotify – again, another playlist I listened to on my commute. The title though, makes me question my life haha.
4. DIVE BAR ESSENTIALS BY SPOTIFY
I usually listen to this playlist when I’m gaming. I’ve been into Maplestory again and it gets hella boring grinding for money so good music is pretty essential.
- Time to Dance by Spotify Canada – Really, I’m not sure why I like dance music so much seeing as I don’t ever party haha. But I like this one to game to as well.
5. SOUTHERN GOTHIC BY SPOTIFY
So when I’m not listening to dance music or hipstery indie music, I listen to well, this. I can’t even explain but I really do enjoy listening to the music in this playlist? What genre is it even? Country? Folk? Americana? IDK but I like it.
- Women of Folk & Americana by Spotify – Again, another playlist created by Spotify for WHM 2016. I really like Jolene by Dolly Parton and I can’t even tell you why, I just really like the song?
And that’s it for me this month. I just realized that most of the playlists I like were curated by Spotify so if you have any playlists you like feel free to share them with us! Also, have you found your taste in music changing as you get older? Mine’s definitely gotten a bit weirder haha.